Call for Proposals
SKM Dissertation Prize 2013
The divisions of the DPG integrated in the Condensed Matter Section (SKM) invite applications for a dissertation prize to be awarded at the SKM Spring Conference 2013 in Regensburg.
The intention of the prize is to honour outstanding scientific work and its excellent presentation in a lecture.
Outstanding scientific dissertations from the specialist area of the SKM which were completed in 2011 or 2012 may be nominated.
Nominations may be submitted by the tutor responsible for the dissertation (nominators cannot participate in the jury).
Selection procedure: The jury appointed by the SKM will choose up to four finalists from all the nominations; these finalists will be invited to give a lecture about their work at a dissertation symposium at the Spring Conference in Regensburg. After the symposium, the jury will choose the prize winner and announce the result at the conference. All finalists will receive a 500 Euro travel grant to the Spring Conference, the winner will receive 1500 Euro prize money. The prize can be awarded to several persons.
The complete nomination includes:
- The scientific CV of the nominee including publication list and proof of examination for a doctorate.
- An outline by the nominee about the potential of this dissertation (in general and also with a view to further personal development).
- Reasons for the nomination by the tutor, which make clear why the nominated dissertation is outstanding science.
- A supporting letter by a university lecturer who is not connected with the dissertation.
- A copy of the PhD certificate and a copy of the dissertation (or a weblink to it).